Number: Number and Place Value
- Count in steps of 2, 3, and 5 from 0, and in tens from any number.
- Recognise the place value of each digit in a two-digit number.
- Identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations, including the number line.
- Compare and order numbers from 0 up to 100.
- Read and write numbers to at least 100 in numerals and in words.
- Use place value and number facts to solve problems.
Number: Addition and Subtraction
- Solve problems with addition and subtraction: using concrete objects and pictorial representations, including those involving numbers, quantities and measures.
- Recall and use addition and subtraction facts to 20 fluently, and derive and use related facts up to 100.
- Add and subtract numbers using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally.
- Show that addition of two numbers can be done in any order (commutative) and subtraction of one number from another cannot.
- Recognise and use the inverse relationship between addition and subtraction and use this to check calculations and solve missing number problems.
Number: Multiplication and Division
- Recall and use multiplication and division facts for the 2, 5 and 10 multiplication tables, including recognising odd and even numbers.
- Calculate mathematical statements for multiplication and division within the multiplication tables and write them using the multiplication, division and equals signs.
- Show that multiplication of two numbers can be done in any order and division of one number by another cannot.
- Solve problems involving multiplication and division, using materials, arrays, repeated addition, mental methods, and multiplication and division facts, including problems in contexts.
- Choose and use appropriate standard units to estimate and measure length/height in any direction; mass; temperature; capacity to the nearest appropriate unit.
- Compare and order lengths, mass, volume/capacity and record the results using >, < and =.
- Recognise and use symbols for pounds (£) and pence (p); combine amounts to make a particular value.
- Find different combinations of coins that equal the same amounts of money.
- Solve simple problems in a practical context involving addition and subtraction of money of the same unit, including giving change.
- Compare and sequence intervals of time.
- Tell and write the time to five minutes, including quarter past/to the hour and draw the hands on a clock face to show these times.
- Know the number of minutes in an hour and the number of hours in a day.
Geometry - Properties of Shape
- Identify and describe the properties of 2D shapes, including the number of sides and line symmetry in a vertical line.
- Identify and describe the properties of 3D shapes, including the number of edges, vertices and faces.
- Identify 2D shapes on the surface of 3D shapes.
- Compare and sort common 2D and 3D shapes and everyday objects.