Number: Addition and Subtraction
- Solve problems with addition and subtraction: using concrete objects and pictorial representations, including those involving numbers, quantities and measures.
- Recall and use addition and subtraction facts to 20 fluently, and derive and use related facts up to 100.
- Add and subtract numbers using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally.
- Show that addition of two numbers can be done in any order (commutative) and subtraction of one number from another cannot.
- Recognise and use the inverse relationship between addition and subtraction and use this to check calculations and solve missing number problems.